STAR for everyone in ESA frame program
E-STAR project aims to bring together research entities and SMEs from Romania to be able to know and to attend ESA scientific programs. In the same time, the main aim of the project is to facilitate the access of ESA information towards research institutions and SMEs from Romania and, not least, to the European scientific community. As we go through the project’s stages, we work up the following milestones:
➢ Creating a framework for developing partnerships between research and industry in areas such as space, air, soil, subsoil, water
➢ The development of an IT platform for concurrent engineering that will ensure the data integration from ESA
➢ The promotion of applications based on satellite telecommunications and Earth observation (satellite data)
➢ Developing a database containing information pooled from different fields
Phase I Study on the existing state of design and concurrent engineering solutions and the integration needs of ESA’s consortium
Activity I.1 Study on the current state of information available in the field of design and concurrent engineering solutions
Phase II Elaboration of design concept and concurrent engineering
Activity II. 1 Study on current search engines for private databases and platforms / knowledge technologies
Activity II. 2 Analyze of technical requirements and architectural design for platform design
Activity II.3 Define and develop the technical requirements for the platform and related components
Phase III Developing and testing the design platform and concurrent engineering
Activity III.1 Hardware and platform architecture development for the platform
Activity III.2 Populate the database and configure it with scientific information
Activity III.3 Testing and experimenting with the concurrent engineering platform
- Suciu, G., Bezdedeanu, L., Ganaside, A., & Vochin, M. (2017, June). Space technologies for disaster early warning and management. In 2017 IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking (BlackSeaCom) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Suciu, G., Anwar, M., Ganaside, A., & Scheianu, A. (2017, June). IoT time critical applications for environmental early warning. In 2017 9th International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Concurrent engineering and fast-mapping/crowd-mapping using IoT, Big Data and Cloud Computing (CEAS2017), Elsevier, journal INCAS Bulletin.
- Tanase, N., Iosif, G., Nedelcu, A., Iordache, I., Luchian, A. M., Suciu, G., … & Costea, E. (2017). Concurrent engineering application in microsystem technology. Journal of Science and Arts, 17(3), 597-610.
- Suciu, G., Neamtu, A. S., Neamtu, J., Ovezea, D., Ditu, M. C., & Petrescu, G. (2018). Concurrent engineering in designing a system for sensing gas leaks in harsh space environment. INCAS Bulletin, 10(4), 181-190.
- Concurrent engineering and search-based applications for 3D objects (CEM2018).
- Concurrent or simultaneous engineering – the way to development; ICPCCAI 2019.